WHAT IS PTA?
Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is the largest child advocacy association in the Nation.
Janie Stark PTA provides information and resources that strengthen the connections between
children, parents, schools, and the community.
In Texas, our PTAs are actively working to increase state funding for public education and reduce reliance on “standardized” tests.
JANIE STARK PTA’S GOALS FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR ARE:
- Provide 5 – $500 grants to our staff members for technology and learning initiatives in the classroom.
- Show monthly appreciation to Janie Stark teachers and staff.
- Sponsor The Following Events:
Dad’s Club Family Picnic
- Improve communication to families.
- Successfully run 2 fundraisers for the 2021/2022 school year:
- October – Stark Auction & Carnival
- April – School-wide fundraiser – to be determined
When you become a member, your support will bring us closer to accomplishing these goals.
WHY JOIN PTA?
- PTA allows you to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and giving you opportunities to share ideas, concerns, and experiences. Membership in PTA can be an effective way to suggest changes at your child’s school.
- Janie Stark PTA raises money for improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Research shows that parental involvement supports higher student achievement.
Our yearly dues are $7.00 per member.
To join the Janie Stark PTA – sign up here or call the office at 972-968-3300.
PTA is for EVERYONE … and we look forward to welcoming you!